Current lab members
- H. Jochen Schenk, P.I.
- Joseph Michaud (research associate and part-time lab manager)
- Kerri Mocko (postdoc)
- Joseph Michaud: Positive xylem pressure in bamboo
- Jessica Garcia: Functions of apoplastic lipids in plant water transport
- Anne Basilio: Imaging bamboo anatomy
- Zoe Cuevas: Xylem lipids in aquatic and terrestrial plants
- Gerardo Roldan: Measuring in situ conductance in avocado
- Alec Hunt: Measuring in situ conductance in eucalypts
Some former Lab Members
- Miriam Catalan (M.S. 2018): Plant-based measures of drought stress in avocado. (Now in PhD Program at Texas A&M University)
- Victoria (Tori) Cook (M.S. 2018): Dissolved atmospheric gas in xylem and its relationship to embolisms.
- Susana Espino (M.S. 2008) Research Scientist & Lab Manager from 2005 to 2017. Now Microbiology and Biotechnology Lab Coordinator at Santiago Canyon College.
- Donald Quick (M.S. 2016): Master's Thesis: Continuous measures of water status in deeply-rooted southern California chaparral shrub species. (Now high school science teacher at Rosemead High School. El Monte Union High School District, California).
- Emily Wieber (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2012, M.S. 2016): Master's Thesis: Effects of regulated deficit irrigation on fruit yield, quality, and physiology of Washington Navel orange trees. Now at the US Department of Agriculture in Memphis, TN.
- Sarah Taylor-Laine (B.S. 2012, M.S. 2015): Master's Thesis: Diurnal and seasonal variation in non-structural carbohydrates in the chaparral shrub Malosma laurina. (Now Critical Thinking Implementation Specialist at Southwest Virginia Community College)
- Nicole Vearrier (M.S. Biology 2006) Master's Thesis: Ecology and potential invasiveness of Suaeda linifolia in the Great Basin Desert, USA
- Andrea Vona (M.S. Environmental Studies 2006)
- Joy Polston-Barnes (M.S. Environmental Studies 2006)
- Jessica Garcia: Ionic effects on hydraulic conductance
- Tatiana Melendres: Effects of surfactants on bubble formation in water under negative pressure
- Ryan Cochoit: Modifications to stem psychrometers for plant water potential measurements in situ
- Tilly Duong: Measuring in situ conductance in Malosma laurina
- Joleen Bondoc: The role of fructans in xylem osmoregulation
- Aissa Do: Hydrophobic proteins in xylem sap
- Mellanda Orn: Xylem embolism repair in Eriogonum fasciculatum.
- Neda Nima: Surfactant proteins in xylem sap
- Elizabeth Hessom (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2010, M.S. UC Riverside 2012). Senior thesis: Xylem embolism repair in two chaparral shrubs, Malosma laurina and Ceanothus crassifolius. Now Associate Environmental Planner at the California Department of Conservation.
- Daisha Ortega (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2010): Senior thesis: Comparing plant water relations and hydraulics between two halophytic Mojave Desert shrub species. Now a medical student at the Ohio State University School of Medicine.
- Alejandra Mendez. Research: Role of wood fiber cells in drought resistance of Southern California shrub species.
- Lauren Velasco (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2009): Ph.D. program in Botany & Plant Science at UC Riverside. Research: Comparison of drought tolerance in two Salvia species.
- Christine Goedhart (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2005. Senior thesis: Does water-availability affect pathways of water transport in the shrub Eriogonum fasciculatum?): Ph.D. 2010, UC Riverside. Now Science Education Specialist at the University of British Columbia.
- Steven Jansen, Ulm University, Germany
- Kathy Steppe, Ghent University, Belgium
- Yi Zuo, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Roland Netz, Free University Berlin, Germany
- Ruth Welti, Kansas State University
- Teemu Hölttä, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Robert B. Jackson, Stanford University
- Alec Downey, ICT International
- Wylie Ahmed, SLAM Lab, California State University Fullerton
- Wim Van den Ende, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Cynthia S. Jones, University of Connecticut
- Hugo Martínez-Cabrera
- Marisa Nordenstahl, National Scientific and Technical Research Council, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Claus Holzapfel, Rutgers University Newark, New Jersey
- Pauline Grierson, University of Western Australia
- Andrew McElrone, University of California Davis
- Craig Brodersen, Yale University
- Ate Visser, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Bradley K. Esser, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory