Current lab members
- Joseph Michaud (also part-time lab manager): Positive xylem pressure in bamboo
- Jessica Garcia Mora: Functions of apoplastic lipids in plant water transport
- Samantha De Guzman: Positive xylem pressure in crops
- Khoi Nguyen: Positive xylem pressure in crops
- Vanessa Pieters: Positive xylem pressure in poplars
Some former Lab Members
- Miriam Catalan (M.S. 2018): Plant-based measures of drought stress in avocado. (Now in PhD Program at Texas A&M University)
- Victoria (Tori) Cook (M.S. 2018): Dissolved atmospheric gas in xylem and its relationship to embolisms. No high school teacher in San Antonio, TX.
- Susana Espino (M.S. 2008) Research Scientist & Lab Manager from 2005 to 2017. Now Microbiology and Biotechnology Lab Coordinator at Santiago Canyon College.
- Donald Quick (M.S. 2016): Master's Thesis: Continuous measures of water status in deeply-rooted southern California chaparral shrub species. (Now high school science teacher at Rosemead High School. El Monte Union High School District, California).
- Emily Wieber (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2012, M.S. 2016): Master's Thesis: Effects of regulated deficit irrigation on fruit yield, quality, and physiology of Washington Navel orange trees. (Now at the US Department of Agriculture and in the PhD program at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX.)
- Sarah Taylor-Laine (B.S. 2012, M.S. 2015): Master's Thesis: Diurnal and seasonal variation in non-structural carbohydrates in the chaparral shrub Malosma laurina. (Now Vice President, Science at Douglas Plant Health in Liberty, MO)
- Nicole Vearrier (M.S. Biology 2006) Master's Thesis: Ecology and potential invasiveness of Suaeda linifolia in the Great Basin Desert, USA
- Andrea Vona (M.S. Environmental Studies 2006)
- Joy Polston-Barnes (M.S. Environmental Studies 2006)
- Anne Basilio: Imaging bamboo anatomy
- Zoe Cuevas: Xylem lipids in aquatic and terrestrial plants
- Gerardo Roldan: Measuring in situ conductance in avocado
- Alec Hunt: Measuring in situ conductance in eucalypts
- Jessica Garcia: Ionic effects on hydraulic conductance
- Tatiana Melendres: Effects of surfactants on bubble formation in water under negative pressure
- Ryan Cochoit: Modifications to stem psychrometers for plant water potential measurements in situ
- Tilly Duong: Measuring in situ conductance in Malosma laurina
- Joleen Bondoc: The role of fructans in xylem osmoregulation
- Aissa Do: Hydrophobic proteins in xylem sap
- Mellanda Orn: Xylem embolism repair in Eriogonum fasciculatum.
- Neda Nima: Surfactant proteins in xylem sap
- Elizabeth Hessom (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2010, M.S. UC Riverside 2012). Senior thesis: Xylem embolism repair in two chaparral shrubs, Malosma laurina and Ceanothus crassifolius. Now Associate Environmental Planner at the California Department of Conservation.
- Daisha Ortega (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2010): Senior thesis: Comparing plant water relations and hydraulics between two halophytic Mojave Desert shrub species. Now an MD and currently a medical resident in Glendale, CA.
- Alejandra Mendez. Research: Role of wood fiber cells in drought resistance of Southern California shrub species.
- Lauren Velasco (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2009): Ph.D. program in Botany & Plant Science at UC Riverside. Research: Comparison of drought tolerance in two Salvia species.
- Christine Goedhart (SCERP Scholar; B.S. 2005. Senior thesis: Does water-availability affect pathways of water transport in the shrub Eriogonum fasciculatum?): Ph.D. 2010, UC Riverside. Now Science Education Specialist at the University of British Columbia.
- Steven Jansen, Ulm University, Germany
- Kathy Steppe, Ghent University, Belgium
- Yi Zuo, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Roland Netz, Free University Berlin, Germany
- Matej Kanduč, Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Emanuel Schneck, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
- Ruth Welti, Kansas State University
- Teemu Hölttä, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Robert B. Jackson, Stanford University
- Wylie Ahmed, SLAM Lab, California State University Fullerton
- Wim Van den Ende, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Carel Windt, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany
- Eleni Stavrinidou, Linköping University, Sweden
- Cynthia S. Jones, University of Connecticut
- Hugo Martínez-Cabrera
- Marisa Nordenstahl, National Scientific and Technical Research Council, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Claus Holzapfel, Rutgers University Newark, New Jersey
- Pauline Grierson, University of Western Australia
- Andrew McElrone, University of California Davis
- Craig Brodersen, Yale University
- Ate Visser, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Bradley K. Esser, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Alec Downey, Formerly ICT International, Australia